Resources for Research at Queen’s (R4R@Q)
A brown bag lunchtime series brought to you by Queen’s University Library and the Research Portfolio.
What is your roadmap to research success? From project conception to research impact, are you using all of the resources and services available to you? Do you know what services are available, and who can help you navigate your options?
R4R@Q is here to acquaint Queen's researchers with the resources and people who are here to help. Sessions run once per month from January to May in Stauffer 121 from 12:30-1:30.
The inaugural 2019 series will include:
- January 16: Building Your Research Engagement and Impact Profile
- February 13: Let Me Tell You What I Want: Laying the Groundwork for a Successful Research Agreement
- March 13: Managing Your Research Data from Cradle to Grave
- April 10: Identifying and Protecting Your Invention
- May 8: People, Tissues, Cells, & Data: Key Ethical Considerations and Resources
Refreshments will be provided.
For questions, please contact Karen Samis. Please register via the individual session page (seating is limited).
Please see the University Research Services website for session resources.
Kingston General Health Research Institute (KGHRI)
- Lisa McAvoy, Clinical Research Liaison Officer
Queen’s University Library (QUL)
- Jennifer Amos, Communications Coordinator, Office of the Vice-Provost (DIgital Planning) and University Librarian
- Rosarie Coughlan, Scholarly Publishing Librarian, Open Scholarship Services
- Courtney Matthews, Head, Open Scholarship Services
VP Research Portfolio: Centre for Advanced Computing (CAC)
- Ken Edgecombe, Director, Cognitive Development Hub
- Chris MacPhee, Assistant Director, Operations
VP Research Portfolio: Office of Partnerships and Innovation (OPI)
- David Bruce, Legal Counsel & Associate Director (Research Contracts), Research Contracts Unit
- David Hyndman, Assistant Director (Industry Partnerships), Research Partnerships Unit
- Stephen Scribner, Director Intellectual Property, Patent Agent, Technology Transfer Unit
Research Portfolio: University Research Services (URS)
- Kristina Arseneau, Research Projects Advisor, Health Sciences, Grants and Institutional Programs
- Diane Davies, Research Projects Advisor, Social Sciences, Humanities and Creative Arts, Grants and Institutional Programs
- Crystal McCracken, Ethics Compliance Advisor, Research Ethics Compliance
- Alexandra Pedersen, Research Projects Advisor, Natural Sciences and Engineering, Grants and Institutional Programs
- Karen Samis, Assistant Director, Grants and International Research Development, Grants and Institutional Programs