Welcoming you back into our spaces September 7
We are excited to invite the Queen’s and Kingston community to once again visit Stauffer, Bracken Health Sciences, Douglas, and Law libraries. The Education Library and Archives & Special Collections will open on September 13. Please consult our locations and hours page for current hours
Please note you are required to be vaccinated before coming to campus and entering the library and must wear a mask.
Here's what you need to know:
- Beginning September 7, most campus libraries will be fully re-opened. You will be able to browse and access the stacks and check out books in Stauffer, Bracken Health Sciences, Douglas, and Law libraries.
- The Education Library plans to re-open on Monday, September 13. If Education materials are required, you are asked to email firstname.lastname@example.org and Education Library staff will email the user to let them know when the items are available at the Education Library’s temporary entrance for pickup. Pickup is between 9 am and 3 pm, Tuesday September 7 to Friday, September 10.
- You are required to be vaccinated before coming to campus and entering the library.
- Four seats in the ATC are available for students registered with QSAS. Six seats will be available as of September 13. These must still be reserved in advance.
- The Queen’s Research Data Centre will continue to be available by appointment.
- Archives and Special Collections will continue taking bookings for individual access by appointment. This service is in addition to our online reference and scanning services.
- Most public computers will be available beginning September 7 with a few exceptions.
- New multi-functional printing and scanning devices are being installed and tested and we are working to make them available as soon as possible. Until they are available, we suggest the Printing & Copy Centre. Please confirm their hours/availability on their website.
- Curbside pick-up is no longer available, as we have reactivated campus retrievals where Queen’s University affiliates can choose location for pickup.
- Reference and instruction services will be offered with options for in-person and remote service
If you have any questions, please Ask Us!