Master of Library & Information Science, University of Alberta
Master of Arts in Digital Humanities, University of Alberta
Bachelor of Administrative Studies, York University
The Community-Based (Virtual) Human-Animal Bond: An Exploration of the TinyKittens Online Community, University of Alberta, 2019.
- Cappello, A. (2022, March). Certifying a Centrally-Managed, Multi-Institutional Data Repository: The CoreTrustSeal Journey with Scholars Portal Dataverse. Presentation at 2022 Research Data Access and Preservation Association Summit, Virtual.
- Cappello, A., and Leahey, A. (2021, April). Curated Canadian Research Data Collections. Poster session at the 16th International Digital Curation Conference, Virtual (Edinburgh, UK).
- Worrall, A., Cappello, A, and Osolen, R. (2021). The Importance of Socio-Emotional Considerations in Online Communities, Social Informatics, and Information Science. Journal of the Association for Information Science and Technology, 72(10), 1247-1260..
- Cappello., A., and Miller-Young, J. (2020). Who are we citing and how? A SoTL Citation Analysis. Teaching and Learning Inquiry, 8(2), 3-16.
- Zhao, D., Strotmann, A., and Cappello, A. (2018). In-text Function of Author Self-Citations: Implications for Research Evaluation Practice. Journal of the Association for Information Science and Technology, 69(7), 949-952.
- Cappello, A., and Miller-Young, J. (2018, June). Exploring Practices and Perspectives about Teaching and SoTL at a Research Intensive Institution. Presentation at the 2018 Conference for the Society for Teaching and Learning in Higher Education, Sherbrooke, QC.
- Worrall, A., Cappello, A., and Osolen, R. (2018, May). Balancing Socio-Emotional and Informational Considerations in Social Q&A: The Case of Academia Stack Exchange. Presentation at the 46th Annual Conference of the Canadian Association for Information Science, University of Regina, Regina, SK.
- Zhao, D., Cappello, A., and Johnston, J. (2017). Functions of Uni- and Multi-Citations: Implications for Weighted Citation Analysis. Journal of Data and Information Science, 2(1), 51-69.
- Gouglas, S., Beyer, J., Borynec, A., Budac, A., Cappello, A., Chen, Y., Gordon, K., Kane, Z., Kuznetsova, J., Wilson, M., Wong, J., and Zang, S. (2017, October). A Survey of Canadian and American Post-Secondary Education in Video Games. Presentation at the 3rd Annual Conference for Refiguring Innovation in Games, University of Alberta, Edmonton, AB.
- Worrall, A., Osolen, R, and Cappello, A. (2017, July). “How Do I Tell My Advisor?”: Socio-Emotional Motivations for Information Sharing in Academia Stack Exchange. Poster session at the 8th International Conference on Social Media + Society, Toronto, ON.
- Zhao, D., and Cappello, A. (2017, June). In-text Citation Functions of Self-Citations: Implications for Research Evaluation Practice. Panel session at the 45th Annual Conference of the Canadian Association for Information Science, Ryerson University, Toronto, ON.
- Cappello, A. (2017, April). ‘I Can Haz Information?’ A Proposal to Study the Link Between the Human-Animal Bond and Online Communities. Poster session at the 2017 Alberta Library Conference, Jasper, AB.
- McClay, J., McGarvey, L., and Cappello, A. (2017, March). Where do we go after graduation? Faculty of Education alumni survey. Poster session at Engage 2017: A Celebration of Research and Teaching Excellence, Faculty of Education, University of Alberta, Edmonton, AB.