NEW Beginning June 30, 2023, the Racer platform will no longer be an option for requesting materials through Interlibrary Loans. Moving forward all requesting of materials can be done in Omni.
Search and Request
- Log in to My Library Account
- Use the search bar to look for items in Omni.
- If the item is not available in our collection, there will be a “Get it from another library” button in the “How to get it” section of the record.
- Complete the request form and submit. The system will ensure your request is directed to the library that can fill it the quickest.
- If you are not seeing what you are looking for, try expanding your search results by toggling on the "Add results beyond Queen's Collection" filter.
- For more detailed instructions please see Request Materials in Omni.
Request using the Blank Request Form
- If you have searched Omni and you can't find what you need, try our blank request form.
- Select Blank Request Form and log in with your NetID.
- Complete the form selecting either Book, Book plus I need a specific chapter or pages, or Article.
- ISBN or ISSN is a required field. If this is not known, indicate with unknown in the this field.
- For articles if the PMID or DOI is known, enter them in the correct field and select Auto fill.
- Select the Pickup Institution and Pickup Location. This will be used to deliver a physical item. If you are requesting an article or a book chapter, it will be sent to as a weblink to your Queens email.
Generally, there is no charge for this service. If any charges arise, you will be contacted by the interlibrary loans department prior to your request being processed.
Loans from our Ontario consortia are 120 days. They can be renewed from My Library Account.
All other loans vary depending on the lending library. Please contact us at email@example.com to ask for a renewal.
Due dates and any special instructions not on your Library Account, are noted on the attached book bank. Please do not remove this band.
Renewal, fines and lost books
Renewals are the discretion of the lending Library.
Fines and or suspension of Interlibrary Loan privileges could be applicable if items are not returned by the due date.
Lost or Damaged Materials will result in a replacement and processing fee charged to the patrons library account.
Need more help?
Stauffer Library Interlibrary Loans (Includes requests for Art, Engineering & Science, Health Sciences, Law, Special Collections and Music)