Open Access Tools & Resources
About Open Access
- Open Access Directory: a compendium of simple factual lists about open access (OA) to science and scholarship, maintained by the OA community.
- Global Open Access Portal: presents a current snapshot of the status of Open Access (OA) to scientific information around the world.
Find Open Access Content
- Open Access Library (OALib): a shared "academic search engine and publisher. You can download research papers for free and submit your paper to it."
- OAIster: a union catalogue of more than 25 million records representing open access resources harvested from open access collections worldwide using the Open Archives Initiative Protocol for Metadata Harvesting (OAI-PMH).
- Directory of Open Access Journals (DOAJ): 10,000 fully open access journals
- Directory of Open Access Books (DOAB): 2000 academic open access books from 64 publishers
- OpenDOAR: Directory of university and subject-based open access repositories.
- Open Access Button: download the Open Access Button browser bookmarklet to your device. If you hit a paywall to an academic article you will be routed to a free version if available.
Open Access Verification Tools
- Sherpa Juliet: a searchable database of funders' policies and their requirements on open access, publication and data archiving.
- Sherpa Romeo: aggregates and analyses publisher open access policies from around the world; use this tool to verify whether a publisher enables Green Open Access and/or Gold Open Access.
- Sherpa Fact - provides clear guidance to researchers on whether a journal complies with a funder's open access policies.