Our web proxy service supports access to restricted/paid-access Queen's resources, including:
- Most online journals & ebooks
- Most library databases
- Google Scholar
How to use the web proxy
- Go to the Off-Campus Access login and enter your Queen's NetID and password
- To visit a specific resource, copy and paste its URL into the URL box
You may also browse our search tools such as Omni, Journals, and Databases directly. When linking to a restricted resource from these, you will automatically be asked to sign in.
Important: once you are logged in, you can only follow links. Once you open a new browser window or enter a new URL directly into your browser address box, you may lose your web proxy connection.
- Once you login, you will be 'connected from off-campus' as long as you continue to work within the same web browser window.
- Your proxy session will timeout after 2 hours of inactivity
- To exit from the proxy, close your web browser
How to tell if you are properly connected
As long as you can see "proxy.queensu.ca" in the URL of your browser, you are still connected.
Access permissions & restrictions
Off-campus access to library resources is provided for:
- Current students (full and part-time)
- Faculty members (including Emeritus professors or retired professors with active netids or a card)
- Current employees (including permanent, temporary, contract, or visiting)
- Users who are sponsored by a department (via the department's IT Administrative Representative)
You must have a valid Queen's NetID to properly authenticate.
Unfortunately, we cannot provide off-campus access to:
- Former staff
- Students who are not currently enrolled & paying tuition fees
- Adjunct professors/lecturers who do not have a current or future teaching contract
- Community members
Why is it necessary to authenticate with a valid NetID?
The library system must sign a licensing agreement with our online content providers, which requires us to ensure that only current members of the Queen's community uses these resources. We only restrict access when a license agreement requires us to do so.
About the web proxy software (EZproxy)
The web proxy service uses EZproxy as its underlying software. EZproxy allows users to sign in to a proxy server which acts on behalf of a computer being used in a remote location.
- Authentication URL:
- Library Proxy URL:
https://proxy.queensu.ca/login?url=[URL TO VISIT]
To create URLs to Queen's-only resources that work from off-campus locations, please use our Off-Campus Link Creator.
Bookmarklets for more seamless access
You can use bookmarklets or extensions in Chrome or Firefox to add the proxy prefix to links from outside the Webproxy. For example, if you click on a link from a citation, clicking the bookmarklet will add the proxy prefix thereby enabling access if we have a subscription.
Chrome: EZproxy Redirect
Firefox: EZproxy Redirect Foxified
Queen’s University’s proxy is already registered with the bookmarklet. You will need to select it upon installation.
See our guide for instructions on installing and using the bookmarklet.
Please note that these bookmarklets are not maintained by Queen’s.
Please Contact ITS if you have problems with your NetID and login. You can also call at 613.533.6666.
Ask Us if you have problems accessing specific library resources