Welcome to the library page for the School of Nursing. We're here to help you find and evaluate the resources you need for your classes, and for your research. If you have questions at any time, please get in touch and one of the librarians will be glad to help!
Clinical Information and EBP
Writing Papers and Publishing Your Research
- Avoid Predatory Publishers and Conferences
- Citing and Citation Managers
- Health Sciences Research
- Systematic Reviews & Other Syntheses
Other Topics of Interest
Publication coverage: 1981 - very recent articlesCINAHL plus Pre-CINAHL indexes close to 3,000 English-language journals covering: nursing, biomedicine, health sciences librarianship, alternative/complementary medicine, consumer health and 17 allied health disciplines (e.g. respiratory technology, x-ray technology, etc.).
Publication coverage: Ovid MEDLINE(R) Epub Ahead of Print, In-Process & Other Non-Indexed Citations and Ovid MEDLINE(R) 1946 to PresentOvid MEDLINE ® covers the international literature on biomedicine, including the allied health fields and the biological and physical sciences, humanities, and information science as they relate to medicine and health care. Information is indexed from approximately 5,600 journals published world-wide.
- INANE - The International Academy of Nursing Editors produces a white list of Nursing journals that meet their standards for publication. Their stated goal is "to help nurse authors find a suitable and reputable journal in which to publish their work".
- JCR - Journal Citation Reports. A summary of citation metrics from the 10,000+ journals and proceedings indexed in Web of Science.
News & events
We are pleased to invite the Queen’s community to join us virtually at for the 2021 kick-off event at Kingston WritersFest, Uncle Tom: Distorted Nostalgia on September 22 from...