For help locating resources, using the library, or to request a research consultation, try our Ask Us service.
We have a number of computer stations available for your research with access to specialized software.
Designated research stations are available to all members of the Queen's community with an active NetID. Please select your location to see a list of available computers.
- Stauffer Library Computers
Located on ground floor, Stauffer Library.
- Douglas Library Computers
Located on 5th level (1st floor), Douglas Library.
- Education Library Computers
Located on ground floor, Education library.
- Bookable computers are for 1 to 2 users at a time
- Please see our Use of Group Study Rooms and Bookable Computers page for more information
- Our Code of Behaviour for Library Users applies while using these computers
- Bookable computers are available first come, first serve when not reserved
- In case of scheduling conflicts, please save your booking confirmation email
We have two types of public workstations available:
- Research Stations
The research stations provide access to the web, several major software packages, and facilitate using our search tools.
- Docking Stations for Laptops
Docking stations allow you to connect your own device to a 24 inch monitor. Keyboards and mice can be borrowed from the Information Services desk.
All of our computers require you to log in with your Queen’s NetID or Library Guest Account. Remember to Save Your Data.
Library guest account
Library computers require you to log in with your Queen’s NetID. If you are a guest visiting Queen’s, you can acquire a guest login at the Information Services desk. You will be required to provide a piece of identification and a current phone number to create this login.