Welcome. This gateway introduces some of the library resources (databases, journals, maps, data, books) and services that support the Geological Sciences. Geology librarian Morag Coyne is on leave until August 2022. Please contact engsci@queensuca for research help during this time.
- Geological Sciences & Engineering
- Resources for Geosciences Graduate Students
- Geological Survey of Canada
- MEERL Program Library Guide
- GEOL/GEOE 221 Geological (Engineering) Field Methods
- GEOE 345: Site Investigation & Geological Engineering Design
- GEOE 410: Geological Engineering Field School
- GEOL/GEOE 439: Advanced Applied Geophysics
- GEOL 543/GEOE 446 Capstone Projects/Honours Theses
- Women in STEM
Publication coverage: Published 2013The second revised edition of the Encyclopedia of Quaternary Science provides both students and professionals with an up-to-date reference work. Contains about 375 articles,and more than 3,000 illustrations.
Publication coverage: Geology of North America: 1693 - present ; Geology worldwide: 1933 - presentEstablished by the American Geological Institute (AGI) in 1966, GeoRef indexes over several thousand journals in 40 languages as well as books, maps, reports, most U.S. Geological Survey publications, and American and Canadian masters and doctoral theses.
Publication coverage: 1947 - presentThis web portal, formerly known as SciTech Connect, contains more than 3 million references (445,000 full-text) to reports, articles, patents, datasets, presentations, software, and other scientific and technical information arising from research supported by the U.S. Department of Energy.
News & events
In 2019, Queen’s University Library (QUL) implemented a new academic search tool called Omni.
Queen’s University Library (QUL) is engaging in a 30-day trial of an exciting new resource.